I don't care if people agree with my opinions or not, because they're OPINIONS but I recently got scolded by one of my facebook friends (also a friend in real life) who told me my "...posts are getting more and more acerbic..." and he's correct; so here I am to vent and opine where I can be as controversial, pissy and swear as much as I fucking want to. Ironically, I don't much like facebook to begin with; in my opinon MySpace is WAY better because you can personalize your page, add music, etc. But nobody is on it anymore :( Alas, fb it is for now.
To be fair and in the interest disclosure you should know some things about me if you are going to read my blog postings:
1) If I write an opinion, that's all it is...an opinion. But if I write a quote, percentage, or some other factoid it'll have a reference attached (if it doesn't, raise an eyebrow). I don't have any fantasies about changing the world with a blog. (Just like I didn't have any fantasies about being a rock star like EVH when I learned how to play every Van Halen song as a teenager).
2) Don't believe ANYTHING I write on here. Some of it might be crazy bullshit and other stuff might be hardcore facts; you have NO WAY of knowing. Either way, if something I write on here offends you, agrees with your viewpoint, or you're just not sure about it.........do the research for YOURSELF! (HINT: You're on a computer...google it, WikiPedia it or something of the sort). You should also know that although WikiPedia is becoming more and more "truthful" and "respectable" it's not the most reliable place to get info. However, at my behest, I'll use it from time-to-time. You be the judge.
3) I'm an Atheist. That doesn't mean I'm evil...it means I don't believe what 80% of the rest of America say they believe in. (You should research that 80%...it might be made-up ;) There will mos def be more on this later but I've never seen a more hypocritical entity in my life than ORGANIZED religion. If you're agnostic, spiritual, wiccan or a satan worshipper I dislike all religions equally. (I know I've lost "80%" of my readership already but hey, I'm open and honest about it).
4) I'm an out-of-work airline pilot back in college finishing two degrees: Math and EE. This should clue you into the fact I'm coordinated, responsible, know how to tell up from down, somewhat book-smart and (at least for the moment) have a vested interest in health-care reform, unemployment issues and airline related issues. I'm also a veteran. This doesn't mean I'm brilliant, or a genius...far from it (!)...but it should put me in a league above the standard serial killer on death-row.
5) I have a very open mind. That's not bullshit...I've changed my mind on things I never thought I would. If you can convince me you're way of thinking is better (the spirit of what a true debate should be about) I'll change my way of thinking.
In addition...and I think this is more important...if I find out I'm wrong, I WILL admit it. If YOU think I'm wrong, come prepared with facts...opinions count for shit in my reality.
6) I discriminate against two types of people: WEALTHY and STUPID. More on this later. To give credit where it's due, I stole this from my sister. And here's another pragmatic fact: EVERYBODY discriminates, no exceptions. Well, maybe Rain Man, but he's autistic.
7) If you're a spelling snob, educated as I am, I just don't care all that much about whether or not "thorough" or "thurough" is the correct spelling. Shit, maybe I just mis-typed or my phone was on vibrate and it tickled my "funny bone" mid-keystroke...WHO CARES?? (It's spelled "thorough", btw)
I hope I can bring you some good stories.
Word.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dude - I was just giving you a hard time. Sorry you took it so personally. :-)
ReplyDeleteStay opinionated!
What if you end up becoming wealthy - will you discriminate against yourself. I'm not wealthy but wouldn't mind becoming wealthy someday. I think I'm a bit like you in this regard but I think it is more then 'just wealthy' that bugs me. I think it is more of the attitude that some can have. Kinda of a old money vs new money thing.
- Jim
I agree with that. But there IS a difference between "rich" and "wealthy". If a person is wealthy (as in 1BN+, for example) they most likely got that way by only looking at a profit margin, etc. and not caring who they laid-off, furloughed, closed a plant, etc. So no...I will never be wealthy because I'm too benevolent.
ReplyDeleteAnd to set the record straight...you didn't say anything that I haven't thought already about the fb thing. Sometimes I'd wake-up and think....."what did I post?????" I used to blog all the time on myspace and loved it! (Had a decent fanbase, too)...so it was long overdue.
Maybe we can discuss developments in the Middle East at the Cajun Party tomorrow......